Catching a ride with a surfer is easy. Catalina has high tides and good vibes. It’s overcast, misty weekends with gnarly waves, cowabunga dudes, and cracking a cold one with the boys. It’s lounging around the firepit with Shelly and Kelly and Cody, blasting Weezer on ALT 98.7. Don’t worry about not having a six-pack under your shirt if you’ve got one under your arm. Kyle has enough abs for everyone. It’s salty hair and baggy sweatshirts, piling into your hot friend’s 4runner just in time to catch the sunset. It’s tip-toeing along the beach rocks, getting hit by what’s left of the day’s swell. Catalina is deep like the ocean, clean like a fresh start, and totally tubular like every surfer dude, like, ever.
- 1 ½ oz Gray Whale Gin
- ½ oz Chareau
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp full spectrum sea moss gel
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz butterfly pea tea
- Splash of sparkling water
- Follow instructions to steep the Butterfly Pea Tea.
- Add gin, chareau, lime juice, sea moss gel, pineapple juice and ice to a shaker.
- Shake for 30-40 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass of ice.
- Using a spoon, float the butterfly pea tea over the cocktail to create a gradient effect.
- Top with a splash of sparkling water and enjoy