Leaving LA is moving into your first apartment. Driving your mom’s station wagon into a new city, it’s the bittersweet ending to one story but a new beginning to another. It’s thrift shopping and filling your space with all the mismatched furniture you can afford. Why not set up an ironic wifi network name that will scandalize your neighbors? You make the rules. Playing music out of an iPhone speaker and dancing on a dusty floor surrounded by boxes, you sink into your new life. You miss home just a little — a small price to pay, compared to your rent. Leaving LA is knowing you’ll be back one day, but for now, you bask in the glow of a new day and light a candle on your reasonably priced coffee table.
The 'Leaving LA':
For the Rose infused vodka:
- 1/4 cup of dried rose blossoms
- 4 ribbons cucumber
- 1 bottle vodka
For the Cocktail:
- 1 oz Rose & Cucumber infused vodka
- 0.07 oz italicus
- 1 Egg white
- Splash of prosecco
- Infuse the vodka:
- Add cucumber and rose to a bottle of vodka
- Let steep for at least 3 days in the fridge.
- Add the vodka, italicus and egg white to a shaker.
- Shake for 30-40 seconds.
- Add in the ice and shake for another 20 seconds.
- Double strain the cocktail into a glass and top with a splash of prosecco.