This is the experience of your mid twenties— when half of your friends are getting married, and the other half are still commuting to their parents’ to do laundry. It’s discovering natural wine and only listening to music on vinyl for the culture. It’s dancing around your kitchen in your thrifted flare jeans, dreaming about the 70s. If only you were born into a different generation. It’s making vodka penne, and having it turn out more vodka than tomato. It’s searching Facebook marketplace for your next DIY project, knowing all too well it’ll never actually happen, you’ll just end up with an ugly ass chair you’re never going to reupholster. It’s jeans getting tighter and looser and tighter again. For now, this is Real Love Baby— pasta, wine, and realistic expectations.
The 'Real Love Baby':
THE REAL LOVE BABY
For the green tea basil simple syrup:
- 6-8 large basil leaves
- 2 bags green tea
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the cocktail:
- 1 ½ oz soju
- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- 1 oz coconut milk
- ½ oz green tea basil simple syrup
- ½ oz coconut cream
- ½ oz lime juice
- 1 dash of yuzu
- Make the green tea basil simple syrup:
- Combine sugar with 2 tbsp water in a pan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Add tea bags and basil leaves and let steep for at least 10 min to release aromas.
- Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake for 30-40 seconds
- Pour over fresh ice and garnish with a basil leaf.